The world is a changed place - 2nd May 2020
Change.
That was the last post I made here before today.
That was on 8th January 2018. Almost 2.5 years ago.... and you may be wondering why I have not written or posted for such a long period of time?
Well kiddo.... The world is a changed place now. A lot has definitely happened. I'm not even sure where to begin....
(Prepare yourself, this one's gonna be a doozy of a long post. It's 2.5 years of update in as much as I can squeeze in and remember!)
Let's just do a quick update on you and your sister, Harper. You kids are my heart and soul. I love you both so much you will never understand because no words I put down here will ever convey how much you two kids mean to me.
You are now 6 and a half years old, and a wonderful, intelligent, smart, witty little kid. A boy who adores reading and is incredibly amazing at it. Your reading skills and comprehension far surpasses what I believe for a 6 yo level. You seem to love science, and how things work so I love that naturally geeky part of you. I just love it. And Aunty Lu and I will always try to encourage this. The natural tendency for you to try to work things out, to want to know things, to want to understand how everything works. I love that. I hope you never lose that.
As for Harper, she is now 4. Both of you are cheeky monkeys. Gorgeous and intelligent but extremely different in personalities. She's sassy, loud and fearless. You are loud, intellectual, bossy but cautious. And both are you are at the most gorgeous naive, pure self right now. Just sponges of info. And I miss you both when I don't see you for longer than a week... and for now, we are in the biggest health crisis the world has ever seen in history, so everyone around the world is in lockdown. No word of exaggeration. I'm sure you will learn about this in history one day. But more on that later...
You have both grown and learnt so much, there is no possible way for me to document the most crucial part of the past 2.5 years. And that makes me sad. But, you will understand when I explain a little more further down.
You and Harper, the lights of my life. Which is why I couldn't motivate myself enough to write happy glowing things or deeply sad and depressing news... but it is now time for you to understand what has happened over the past 2 years...
January 2018, the start of something very exciting in my life
January 2018, your dad's best man committed suicide, life is a dark place sometimes
March 2018, the worst experience in my professional career, and quitting my new job even though I loved it
April 2018, the worst possible thing that could happen, happened, a very bad car accident
May 2018, what I thought was the worst possible thing that could happen was wrong. I was very very wrong because this was the worst thing that could've happened.
The rest of the year went by in a blur...
I took over some of the babysitting duties so that your maternal grandparents didn't have too much on their plate. Besides, I knew that I would never get that time back. I wanted to spend as much time as I could whilst I wasn't working with my 2 favourite people in the world. I sure hope you remember that period in time. It practically saved my life, spending time with you and Harper.
0 comments :
Post a Comment