Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 Reset

My last reflection wished for a reset button... well, as hopeful and unlikely as that may be, I have done the best that I can do in my own power. I am starting a new job, in a new company, in a new field completely. It's a massive step. To say I'm excited, proud, anxious is perhaps understating it.

I am proud of my achievements, what I have done to get to this point, I am glowing with excitement at the forthcoming challenges, but I am also brimming with uncertainty and fear.... what if I balls it up?

This is an inevitable thought. It's normal and expected.

Truth is, I probably will make some mistakes early on, but I know I will be incredible in this new job. I always am. My abilities are never the problem.

After 6 months of reset, rest and refresh. I have finally landed a dream job at the right kind of company. It took patience and a lot of work but I got there. If I'm truthful, the lack of opportunities and time of year (close to end of year) it was starting to wear down my confidence a little... but I'm glad it turned out how it has. end of 2017, end of the period, end of the past and 2018 signalling the new beginning that I craved so much for.

Here's to 2018! An exciting start to the new me.

Non sum qualis eram. I am not such as I was.

0 comments :