Monday, July 19, 2010

You know a sign when you see one

You know when things happen in your life, and it happens over and over and over again until you can no longer ignore it or avoid it because you know someone is trying to tell you something?

 

Well, I have had many of those moments recently…

PwC, dagnabbit! I just cannot get away from them!

 

By sheer coincidence, I discovered that the nice partner in the department had retired in June and as I was reading through his farewell tribute I was reminded that it has been quite awhile and I should probably get in touch with some of my old peeps down in PwC-Land… lo and behold, the instant that thought crossed my mind, I discovered that more than a handful of the people I had worked with there had left good old PwC-Land. It was all too coincidental that so many of them had left at roughly the same time this year… just too odd. Was the company really doing so poorly that so many middle management staff had to be retrenched?

 

Ok, so "retrenched" is my assumption of the situation… because you never know, perhaps out of about 15 middle managers they had, 8 of them decided to quit their cushy comfort zones of a job all at the same time…

 

Yes, it could happen… but unlikely.

 

And then out of nowhere, I see one of these "retrenched" middle managers on my way from work one day last week. He was not in a suit, so I guess he was not yet working… For 18 months, I don't see a soul from that drab insular corporate world and the moment I start hearing news of them, I spot one amongst a large crowd of humans. Incredible? Not yet… this morning on my way to work, I spot a second one! What are the chances of that happening? Two in 3 days… BUT! That's not it.

 

My dear dear facebook-addicted colleague of PwC-Land, the one who had mysteriously disappeared off facebook for moons and moons suddenly popped back up on facebook! He even had a very long and detailed description of an incident.

 

I am pretty darn sure these are all signs! They don't just happen simultaneously out of the blue. But like double rainbow guy, I need to ask "What does this meeeeeeaaaaaaaaannnnn?"

 

One step at a time I suppose. Step 1: make contact with the old peeps of PwC-Land…..

0 comments :